Family Owned and Run - Established 2003 Free Brochure

Braving wet and windy Scotland

As a company, we strive to accommodate different needs and tastes. This can mean adapting buildings for different parts of the country (and beyond).

Two weeks ago, our installation team were in the lovely Lanarkshire in Scotland.

Following months of planning, our boys left at the crack of dawn on Bank Holiday Monday last month, travelled up the M1 and onto the M62 all the way across the border.

After arriving at their accommodation at around 7pm, Gary, Tobias, Guy, Mark, Ben, Krzysztof, Paul and honorary Prime team member/driver, Jason got their heads down, in preparation for the work ahead of them.

Up and on site for 8am on Tuesday, off came all the materials from the vehicles and up went the sections of all 31 buildings.

This continued for the rest of Tuesday and onto Wednesday.

Thursday was the day to start fitting all the roofing timbers – these are the trusses which sit on top of every, single wall plus the corner trusses. There was also the purlins in the roof which sit 450mm apart to be able to support the roofing we use (in this case, Onduline). We fit the purlins to Onduline specification to reduce the risk of sagging.

Fuelled by tea and coffee, the trusses and purlins were finished off on Friday and Saturday brought wind and door frame protection.

The installers fitted metal around the inside of all the top stable door frames, ready for the doors to be installed later on.

Our installers don’t stop just because it is Sunday! Despite the damp and drizzle, they finished off the door frame protection and put all the windows in.

This included our stable windows as well as specially made, glass casement windows for the non-horse rooms.

Monday and Tuesday were door and plywood overhang lining days and before they knew it, our lads were almost at the end of their Highland journey.

Wednesday was spent finishing off the doors while on their final Thursday, the site was tidied and checked and the lads left at 9am – getting back to the Prime yard at around 5pm.

Operations Director Gary Macey was on site for the duration of the installation and said: “The most difficult thing was being away.

“Everyone was missing their family but the best bit was the satisfaction of seeing the buildings going up.”

We feel that satisfaction too Gary…

Need some assistance?